Our Au Pair programme
Nutkin Au Pair is a placement agency covering the whole of United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland with most candidates preferring placements in London or Dublin.
Our candidates all come from the EU or who are elligible for the Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa.
The process and programme work as follow:
- We match au pairs with host families
- The family and the candidates have a Skype/phone interview
- The family makes a letter of offer to the candidate
- When the candidates accept the offer, s/he books & pays own travel to UK
- The host family welcomes the Au Pair personally at the airport/station
- Nutkin provides a sim card with £5 credit on it, a welcome pack including some key phrases, info about the life in UK, advices on how to find language courses…
- The au pair spends the first weekend bonding with the family
- Preferably a 2 weeks settling period is organised with either one of the parents, or the previous au pair. During this settling period, the first week, the au pair will shadow the parent/previous au pair, during the second week the au pair will take on more and more responsibility until 100% normal duties by the end of week 2
- The au pairs attends monthly socials & weekly language classes
- Support via email/phone is available as when needed by either host family or au pair
Both host families and au pairs need to sign and agree to the T&C.
As part of the candidate’s screening process we check:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Home country’s police report or certificate of good conduct (and DBS if already in UK)
- Medical certificate confirming candidates are fit & healthy
- Any childcare or character references provided (minimum 2 references, including 1 in childcare)
- Copies of their diplomas & certificates, including first aid if they have it
- English test results
- They fill an application form
- Dear family letter – available for host family to view
- Pictures of themselves, sometimes with children when parental consent is given
Once we receive their full application with the above documents, the candidates are interviewed via Skype. We check their level of English and ask typical interview questions related to childcare, reasons for the interest in being au pair, first aid questions, what would they do if…
If they have childcare references or a previous au pair family, we will ask to speak to them at the minimum via emails.
Our candidates come from the following areas:
EU candidates come from Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and sometimes from the UK.
Non-EU candidates can come to work as an au pair in UK via the Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) visa if they are aged 18 to 30 andare from: Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Republic of Korea, Taiwan
We also talk directly to host families via emails & phone conversations. If they had previous au pairs, we will ask to speak to the latest one at the minimum.
List of all UK & Ireland areas covered:
Bedfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire, Cornwall, Cumbria, (Cumberland)Derbyshire, Devon, Dorset, Durham, Essex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Hertfordshire, Huntingdonshire, Kent, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, London, Middlesex, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Northumberland, Nottinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Rutland, Shropshire, Somerset, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Surrey, Sussex, Warwickshire, Westmoreland, Wiltshire, Worcestershire, Yorkshire
Aberdeenshire, Angus/Forfarshire, Argyllshire, Ayrshire, Banffshire, Berwickshire, Buteshire, Cromartyshire, Caithness, Clackmannanshire, Dumfriesshire, Dunbartonshire/Dumbartonshire, East Lothian/Haddingtonshire, Fife, Inverness-shire, Kincardineshire, Kinross-shire, Kirkcudbrightshire, Lanarkshire, Midlothian/Edinburghshire, Morayshire, Nairnshire, Orkney, Peeblesshire, Perthshire, Renfrewshire, Ross-shire, Selkirkshire, Shetland, Stirlingshire, Sutherland, West Lothian/Linlithgowshire, Wigtownshire
Anglesey/Sir Fon, Brecknockshire/Sir Frycheiniog, Caernarfonshire/Sir Gaernarfon, Carmarthenshire/Sir Gaerfyrddin, Cardiganshire/Ceredigion, Denbighshire/Sir Ddinbych, Flintshire/Sir Fflint, Glamorgan/Morgannwg, Merioneth/Meirionnydd, Monmouthshire/Sir Fynwy, Montgomeryshire/Sir Drefaldwyn, Pembrokeshire/Sir Benfro, Radnorshire/Sir Faesyfed
Connaught: Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo
Leinster: Carlow, Dublin, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Longford, Louth, Meath, Offaly, Westmeath, Wexford, Wicklow
Munster: Clare, Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary, Waterford
Ulster: Antrim, Armagh, Cavan, Donegal, Down, Fermanagh, Londonderry, Monaghan, Tyrone