A DBS was formally known as CRB, a Criminal Record Check as well as an identity check.
Nutkin Nannies can help with renewing your DBS for you, whichever area of childcare you are working in or if you are a Parent requiring a new DBS for your current Nanny
We do not charge our registered nannies or families to process your Enhanced DBS certificate, you pay the company carrying out the check directly – £53.70, but we do charge a £30 admin fee for non “Nutkin” Nannies and Families, we also recommend that you sign up to the annual update service (at £13 a year) to guarantee an instant annual update. Follow the information on the back of your certificate when you receive it. We use an online service who conduct the checks.
Once you have an Enhanced DBS check done any future employer can go online and easily check to see whether your certificate is still valid.
The Enhanced disclosure carries out checks on the following:
- Unspent Criminal convictions
- Spent criminal convictions
- Cautions, reprimands and final warnings
- Inclusion on children’s’ lists
- Inclusion on adults’ lists
- Other relevant information held by police forces.
In order to process the application we need to see the original copies of:
- Birth Certificate – with Mother’s maiden name on it
- Marriage Certificate if relevant
- Driving licence
- National Insurance Number
- Proof of address for the past five years – NB this cannot be a mobile phone bill but must be the following…
- Mortgage Statement
- Bank/ Building Society Statements (if you have these re-printed from the bank they will only reflect your current address)
- Council Tax Statements
- Credit Card Statements
- Utility Bill in your name
- Work Permit/ Visa (UK)
- EU National ID Card
Please be aware that this service could take up to 90 days, this does vary greatly and we have in-fact had a DBS be returned after a weekend, The more information you can provide at the time of the application helps tremendously. This time scale must be taken into consideration when applying for new positions.
Nutkin Nannies will not put forward any nannies or childcare’s without a valid up to date DBS.
If you are interested in having your DBS automatically renewed, You can register online as soon as you have your application form reference number. You can ask for the number when you apply for your DBS check.
Or you can wait and register with your certificate number when you receive your DBS certificate. If so, you must do so within 19 days of the certificate being issued.